ZenFone 3 Zoom ZE553KL from ASUS represents the vanguard in smartphone photography technology. Utilizing dual-lens optics, this smartphone offers a shooting solution for any scenario. The Zoom's rear array consists of a 12MP wide-angle lens with ASUS SuperPixel technology that is primed to capture everyday scenes, even in dark environments; the second camera is a 12MP lens with a 2.3x narrower field-of-view for high-quality close-ups from farther away. For high-resolution selfies. the ZenFone 3 Zoom's front-facing camera utilizes a 13 megapixel Sony IMX214 sensor that's also equipped with SuperPixel technology for glamour shots even in low-light conditions.
The ZenFone 3 Zoom houses a 5.5" AMOLED display, which is designed to deliver robust images and color depth. Its 1920 x 1080 screen resolution lets you watch full HD content without pixel loss. The Zoom is also well-equipped for wireless communication. It features Bluetooth 4.2 technology for pairing with other Bluetooth-enabled devices, and 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi for high-speed Internet connectivity. GPS with GLONASS is also on-board for using Google Location and Maps services. The Zoom's large, non-removable 5000mAh battery can deliver days of use and is so big it can be used as a power bank to charge other less lithium-endowed devices.
- Dual Rear Lens
- ZenFone 3 Zoom sets a new bar for mobile photography. It combines two entirely new camera systems: a 12MP ƒ/1.7 aperture, wide-angle lens with ASUS SuperPixel Technology and a 12MP 59mm-equivalent telephoto lens for high-quality close-ups from farther away.
- Advanced Photo Technology
- ZenFone 3 Zoom's f/1.7 aperture is one of the largest found on any smartphone camera and it's coupled with a 1.4µm pixel size (1/2.55" sensor size) that's also among the largest in the industry. The ZenFone 3 Zoom combines ASUS SuperPixel Technology with the SuperPixel Engine to further increases its low light performance by intelligently controlling ISO levels while shooting and noise reduction in post-shot processing.
- ASUS TriTech+ Technology
- ZenFone 3 Zoom uses ASUS TriTech+ Technology to add an all-new Dual Pixel PDAF (Phase Detection Auto Focus) system that uses similar technology found in DSLR cameras. Every single pixel on the Dual-Pixel sensor is used for phase detection, enabling auto-focus that's incredibly fast. TriTech+ also features Subject-Tracking Auto-Focus for both photos and videos to keep the object in clear focus, and Laser Auto-Focus for variable distance and lighting clarity in just 0.03 seconds.
- GSM / 4G LTE Wireless Connectivity
- This phone is designed to work on select GSM networks and is 4G LTE capable. LTE is an advanced cellular network data protocol capable of data speeds so fast that they compete with wired broadband Internet providers. With an LTE connection, this phone should have no problem streaming HD video, downloading apps, uploading photos, or anything else that requires a high-speed data connection. The phone is also backwards compatible with 3G and 2G data for instances when you can't get LTE. In addition to cellular wireless, this phone also features Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity.
Note: Not compatible with all cellular networks. Please make sure your provider uses a frequency or band that this phone supports. You can check which bands this phone works with in the Specifications.
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- The Android operating system integrates heavily with Google's services. Using the card-based Google Now, Android quickly surfaces information for you whenever you need it, powered by the same Knowledge Engine that runs Google's web search. It's a personalized and customizable OS, allowing you to add your favorite apps or widgets to your homescreen. You can even download new themes using the Google Play Store, which offers access to more than one million apps, games, books, music, movies, and more. Android 6.0 Marshmallow overhauls permissions, allowing you to have finer control over what your applications have access to. It also marks the debut of Now on Tap, a context-sensitive update to Google Now that checks your current screen for keywords and then searches for them automatically. Other performance and security enhancements are included as well.
- 5-Magnet Speaker
- ZenFone 3 Zoom has SonicMaster and High-Res Audio certification. Thanks to its five-magnet speaker construction, metal voice coil, and expansive sound chamber powered by an NXP Smart AMP, you'll enjoy powerful, emotional audio. When it's time for immersive listening, plug in your favorite compatible headphone or earbuds and experience true High-Res Audio quality everywhere you go.
- Dual SIM Dual Standby (DSDS)
- Dual SIM Dual Standby (DSDS) allows you to lower your mobile costs when traveling while staying connected. Once your SIM cards are installed, you will be able to receive phone calls and text messages from either without needing to manually choose which one is active. When you want to make a call or send an SMS message, you can select the correct SIM card. When one SIM card is being used for a phone call, the other will not be active until you hang up. Operator charges may apply.