Everything You Need to Know About the Google Pixel 3a Smartphone
The Google Pixel 3a smartphone is packed with selfie-ready features at an affordable price.
The smartphone, which retails for $399, has a rear dual 12.2-megapixel camera with an 8-megapixel front selfie camera. The cameras are just as functional for high-resolution video with a 4K rear camera and 1080p front camera.
It all runs on the powerful Android 9.0 Pie OS, so it is fast and functional. The camera also features Google’s “Night Sight” function, which allows you to take great photos in the dark without a flash.
This smartphone is packed with every tool an amateur photographer could want.
The Google Pixel 3a is available in two different sizes, with a 5.6-inch display or 6-inch display (XL model).
Technical specifications include:
- OLED display with 18.5:9 aspect ratio
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 670 processor
- 4GM LPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB built-in storage
- High-resolution cameras for photo and video
- Three color options – white, black, and purple
- Wireless and Bluetooth capability
- USB-C port
- AR core
- Unlimited storage with Google Photos
- All-day battery that lasts up to 30 hours
- Super-resolution zoom
- Stereo speaks
- Two microphones
- Headphone jack
- Adaptive battery and fast charging
Google Pixel 3a Highlights
The Google Pixel 3a is 4G LTE compatible and works on select GSM and CDMA networks. The 3a model is a U.S.-based device, and while it can be used in other worldwide locations, LTE access may be limited.
This smartphone is made for people who want a high-speed device that’s made for taking photos. It includes a depth editor and color pop options to edit photos on-screen for instant sharing.
Other features include:
- Adaptive battery: “Learns” what you use and reduces power for apps that you don’t use.
- Google Assistant: Sends text messages, answer questions, and even screen calls or shows call transcripts.
- Google Lens: Uses the camera to do things such as help you shop online using a photo, answer questions, and provide information about places or landmarks.
- Google Apps: Maps, YouTube, Gmail, Chrome, Drive, and more are already installed right out of the box.
- Security: Includes a Titan M security chip to keep your data safe.
- Updates: Comes with three years of automatic security updates.
The Google Pixel 3a works on major cellular network providers, including Google Fi, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile.
What’s in the Box?
The Google Pixel 3a comes with everything you need to get started. The package includes one Google Pixel 3a (or XL),
- an 18 W USB-C power adaptor,
- 1M USB-C cable,
- a quick start guide,
- quick switch adapter, and SIM tool.