Top 10 Tips and Tricks for iPhone User
Posted by Fusion electronix on Jan 10th 2017
Apple iPhone users will know that there are many more features than they know what to do with. And each new release brings with it many more features. Here are a few great tips and tricks that you may or may not know.
- The Safari browser has a few features that you might not have known about.
- You can view all your recently closed tabs by opening a new tab, then long pressing the ‘+’.
- You can search for specific words or phrases. Open a safari page, tap the share sheet and tap the ‘find on page’ option.
- iOS10 gives you unlimited open safari tabs, and you can close all of the open tabs at the same time. Long press the Tab Switcher, and you will get an option to ‘Close all active tabs’.
- When you view a photo, if you swipe up it will show where the photo was taken. And it will offer to show you other photos that were taken in the same location, or other photos featuring the same subject.
- It also has smarter photo searching. iOS10 can differentiate between 4,000 objects, so you can search your photos and find all the ones of your pet, and you can search by person, too.
- Siri can tell you who is calling you if you can’t see the screen. Go to Settings > Phone > Announce Calls to enable.
- You can use the 3D touch to clear all your notifications easily. You use a 3D press to the ‘x’, and select ‘Clear All Notifications’.
- Use a 3D press to the Settings Icon to get faster access to Battery, Data and WIFI controls.
- You can turn off predictive text by going into the Messages App, long press on the globe icon, and toggle predictive text off.
- You can use the camera as a magnifying glass. To enable the magnifier, go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Magnifier. Tap the home button three times to turn the magnifier on.